2016/04/10

How I convinced my girlfriend to travel the world with me

"Go for it now. The future promised to no one." (Wayne Dyer)
Here I'm telling you the story of the most inspirational postcard related to our bikepacker plans.

One of our biggest inspirations arrived in August 2014 from the greatest Hungarian bikepackers, Zita and Árpi, who spent 4 years cycling around the world on their honeymoon.
IMG_0236
IMG_0235
"Go for it now. The future promised to no one." (Wayne Dyer)
Dear Linh, 
We wish to motivate you to go for that big journey - you will never regret it! ;-)  Zita&Árpi
At that time, the couple were cycling in North America, and they offered the postcard sending service on their website. Linh was studying in Finland for her Master while I was working in Hungary. We started to talk about "a big trip" on Skype, but there weren't many details. It seemed far thus Linh wasn't that motivated yet. Therefore, I thought a postcard could bring her closer to great travellers, far lands and it would convince her that a big trip is a real goal. And it made sense to start it.
I explained the situation to Zita, and some weeks later the motivational card arrived to Finland. Linh was super happy for it, she has become excited about the travel, slowly our plans started to shape forms and by time her excitement went over mine. Some months ago she even threatened me: "If you don't dare to quit your job and we can't start our travel, I'm not sure I want to stay with you!"
I guess the postcard had done a nice job. :)
Péter

No comments:

Post a Comment